Finding the right deodorant


Hey everyone!
I decided to write about a topic that is not commonly addressed and somewhat taboo. Sweating.
Yes sweat.
That smelly liquid that comes out of your pores when you are hot or nervous. It is natural to sweat don't worry, some of us sweat more (like me) and some don't, some get smelly quickly and some don't. It is mandatory that you find the correct deodorant that will cover the stench.
I am one of those people that sweats a lot, so quickly and really smelly. You cannot completely stop sweating but you can avoid it slightly.

On average we sweat about 1 litre per day, but most of it evaporates so we don’t notice it. We can sweat up to 10 litres a day if we’re really hot or exercising hard.

CAUSES OF SWEATING TOO MUCH:

We sweat from two types of glands: 
  • Eccrine glands: These appear all over the body and are mainly for cooling. They cause sweat on our face and head, and are responsible for sweaty hands and sweaty feet.
  • Apocrine glands: These larger glands appear mainly under the armpits and are mostly active when we’re exercising or experiencing strong emotions like stress.

Women have more eccrine sweat glands than men, but men’s eccrine glands are more active, so men actually sweat more or have more hot flushes overall.Other factors such as eating hot or spicy food, wearing clothes made out of synthetic materials, and carrying excess body weight can cause us to sweat more. In general, our bodies adapt to produce more sweat when we really need it.Some people sweat excessively or experience hot flushes, day and night. But only 1% of people who experience excessive sweating also have a medical condition known as hyperhidrosis.
If you’re worried about sweating too much, speak to your doctor or professional medical adviser.
Try to determine what makes you sweat. Is it from being nervous? Are you feeling hot?  Beeing under stress is usually the main cause of over-sweating. Just try to relax, i know it is sometimes hard, but stressing out over something won't do you any good. I often tell myself to not worry so much about things and in some cases it helps me.
If you get hot quickly try taking (if possible) cold showers, it helps me to instantly cool myself down. But I use that option only in the summer. At winter i often get hot under all those layers of clothing. Sometimes I just unzip a layer of clothing or two.

Where on your body do you sweat the most?
Is it your palms, head, armpits, feet, legs, lowerback, back, underboob etc.
Feet- try wearing sandals as much as possible and shoes that breathe, try changing your socks more frequently and keep a fresh pair with you at all times, in your purse for example. Use body peelings on your feet to get rid of the dead skin that later stinks. Use socks made out of cotton and not artificial materials.
Head- if you have long hair then wear a ponytail when you feel hot, I always carry a hairband with me and a handkerchief to clean the sweat off of my face and neck. Sweat makes your hair become more greasy quickly so showering your hair will be more frequent. And try staying in the shade or wearing a hat during summer.
Armpits- finding the right deodorant is key here, have more frequent showers, wear clothes made out of cotton and avoid artificial materials, try wearing a tank top rather than a T-shirt. Try avoiding having your arms by your body all the time, have a deodorant with you at all times. Sometimes I wouldn't get smelly but my shirt would smell so bad, this happened with shirts made out of artificial materials.
Underboob- use deodorant under there, try changing your bra more frequently and again try using bras that are made out of a material that breathes, during sports activities use a sports bra.
Palms- I haven't figured it out what helps me with sweaty palms other than having them always open. But the good thing is that I don't ever get dry hands so I don't need to use hand lotion.

Showering and shower gels/soaps
I tried so many different shower gels and after most of them I still smelled bad after showering, I even tried men's shower gel but nothing could help me. I just had to shower two times a day so I could get rid of the smell. Then I tried soap bars and man I was surprised. They always got rid of the smell and left me smelling nice.

Deodorant
These are just some of the deodoarants I tried in the past but they just didn't work for me. I also tried men's Old Spice which is more agressive  towards sweat, some of the deodorants say they offer 48-hour protection but they offered like an hour of sweat protection for me. I then switched to aluminum free deodorants and neither of them helped.












I then by curiosity tried the Rexona deodorant without aluminum and it turned out great! I am glad to say that if you have problems described above then this deodorant will certanly help you.
If you would like to know more about sweating, how to prevent it etc. then click the link here.
I hope this post helped you in any way possible and if you'd like to read about something else, please let us know in the comments down below.

Have you already tried any of there products? What are your opinions on them? 

                                                     


Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar